Mammoth Mountain Ski Area is the leading four-season California mountain resort with year-round lodging and activities.
Summer is alive with on-mountain activities and our winters are legendary for some of the best skiing and snowboarding in the United States. We enjoy a long winter in Mammoth, with a season that runs from early November into May, thanks to our peak elevation at 3,369 meters, making Mammoth the Top of California.
Free public transportation connects the mountain’s three base areas, as well as social hubs at The Village and the town of Mammoth Lakes. Each base is home to summer activities, ticketing, rental shops, ski school, day care, shops and restaurants, as well as three distinct lodging properties. Nestled on the border of Yosemite National Park, Mammoth Mountain offers stunning views as you hit the epic slopes of California.
Mammoth boasts a wide range of bars and restaurants, and dining experiences, everything from casual burgers to five-star dining on the mountain.
The Village at Mammoth is loaded with dining spots. For rustic Italian food, head to Campo for authentic wood-fired Neapolitan pizzas, farm-fresh produce, handcrafted salumi and perfectly paired libations. Crafted by James Beard-nominated chef Mark Estee, the menu celebrates local, seasonal ingredients and simple cooking.
Sushi Rei offers a vibrant atmosphere and colorful menu featuring fresh sushi and noodle bowls. Stop by this local hangout to sip creative cocktails on the patio.
For comfort food and live music, stop at 53 Kitchen & Cocktails for local entertainment and a burger chosen as the 2015 HWY 395 Band & Burger Battle Judge’s Choice Best Burger Winner.
And for that special night out, make the trip to Lakefront Restaurant, perched on the banks of Twin Lakes. This charming dining room is nestled inside historic Tamarack Lodge and offers stunning forested views. A true culinary gem that will delight your senses with a fresh, seasonal menu, extensive wine collection, and extraordinary service.
Watch out for the annual Mammoth Food & Wine Experience each summer. It provides the opportunity to taste and learn about fine food and wine with the scenic vistas of the region as the backdrop, all while supporting a worthy cause: higher education and cultural enrichment.
Mammoth Mountain Ski Area is the leading four-season mountain resort in California with 3,500 acres, 28 lifts, 150 runs (one nearly 4 km long), 7 terrain parks, and 2 superpipes to keep skiers and riders busy all winter long at our peak elevation of 3,369 meters, making Mammoth the Top of California.
Our terrain is varied with wide open groomers, fun tree runs, and massive bowls and tight chutes. Each base is home to ski school, rental shops, day care, restaurants, as well as distinct ski-in/ski-out properties.
- Snowcat Tours & Parallax Dinner – Take a ride in a real snowcat through the backcountry in the heated comfort of a luxury snowcat for daytime tours or ride and then dine in the evening at Parallax restaurant at McCoy Station.
- Minaret Vista Après Tour – View the incredible Minarets and vistas of the area with a champagne toast in a luxury snowcat, followed by gourmet hors d’oeuvres and a glass of wine with the sun setting over the Sierra peaks. Kids will be offered a make-your-own waffle sundae bar and hot cocoa.
- Tubing Park – Take to the snow on six groomed tubing lanes, complete with outdoor heaters, hot cocoa, and lifts to whisk you to the top for endless rides and some serious family fun.
- First Tracks program gives you the chance to be on the mountain earlier than the general public.
- Snowmobile Adventure – Get off the beaten path with experienced guides and top-of-the-line equipment that will grant you access to thousands of acres of trails, pristine backcountry, spacious meadows, historic landmarks and lush pine forests.
- Tamarack Snowshoe & XC Ski Center – Thirty-two km of groomed trails offer a pristine and quiet way to experience the Sierras. Cross country ski or snowshoe through the tranquillity of the backcountry.
Mammoth is the place to be this summer. With a host of activities and events planned all summer long you’ll have no trouble finding things to do that suite every appetite.
From mountain biking and hiking on the mountain to boating and fishing in the Lakes Basin to music and food festivals in The Village, Mammoth will quench your thirst for adventure and entertainment, fit for the whole family.
- Scenic Gondola Ride
- Mammoth Bike Park: 80 miles of single track
- Kids Adventure Pass: Climbing wall, zip line and bungee trampolines
- Sierra Star Golf Course
- Endless hiking, boating, and fishing
Mammoth offers endless miles of wilderness hiking trails to get one’s soul back to nature. Take the 15-minute ride up the scenic gondola and soak up the vistas of the Eastern Sierras. Under the California sun, see as far as Nevada, Death Valley, and into Yosemite National Park.
Make a visit to Lake Basin where a chain of small lakes invite you to take a dip, fish and float. And do not miss the massive basalt columns of Devils Postpile National Monument. All of these sites are sure to set your heart rate on chill.
Mammoth Mountain boasts four unique ski-in/ski-out properties offering everything from value-based standard hotel rooms to large condominiums and luxury cabins. Properties offer fitness rooms, pools, hot tubs, laundry facilities, general stores, on-site rental shops and complimentary airport transfers, town shuttles, wifi, and parking.
-The Village Lodge: 1-2-3 bedroom condos, 190 units
In the heart of The Village at Mammoth – for those who want to be in the action.
-Juniper Springs Lodge: 1-2-3 bedroom condos, 172 units
Nestled at the base of Eagle Lodge – ideal for families.
-Mammoth Mountain Inn: Various room types, 217 units
A ski country classic at Main Lodge – the quintessential mountain retreat.
-Tamarack Lodge: Various cabin types, 46 units
Get off the beaten path and into a true wilderness experience.
- Take a lesson: ski, snowboard or mountain bike – everyone could use a tune up
- Stay for a while: you’ll cheat yourself if you only stay one night in the summer, extend it!
- Use the town and lodging FREE transportation
- FLY into MMH airport on United and Alaska Airlines